At its core, the Artists in Parks program is a mutually beneficial exchange of access in exchange for fair use of images. The Artists in Parks, are a group of individual artists, united by their desire to create art on site in the Palisades region, and to share their art for educational and promotional use by the park. In addition to this basic exchange, the Artists in Parks have the potential to create exhibits, participate in fundraising projects, display and sell their artwork in park venues, and spread information about the appreciation of the parks through their art.
Artists in Parks was created to support local artists’ access to sources of inspiration, and to encourage artistic exploration of New York State Parks in the Palisades Region.
Artists in Parks are given:
- VIP parking access and seasonal parking permits
- Exposure for their work through the Artists in Parks websites
- Opportunities to display and sell artwork at events.
Artists in Parks give back by:
- Allowing PIPC fair use of work created in the park for promotional and educational materials.
- Participating in AiP events and PIPC fundraising programs
- Spreading information and appreciation of public parks through art.
Want to learn more about joining our group? Fill out our contact form.